Spray foam insulation can be described as insulation that is applied in liquid form and then expands to become a solid foam. It is usually made of polyurethane or other chemicals and used to insulate buildings. Spray foam insulation offers many benefits including the ability to seal cracks and gaps, high insulation value and structural support. Spray foam insulation is resistant to mold, water and pests making it an excellent choice for damp or humid environments. Spray foam insulation can also be used on walls, floors, attics and other areas. It is often combined with other insulation types to increase energy efficiency and decrease heating and cooling costs.
Consider these factors when choosing a company that installs spray foam insulation:
- Experience: Choose a company with a long history of spray foam insulation installation success.
- Certification: Be sure to check that the spray foam insulation products manufacturer has certified the company. This certification ensures that the company is properly trained and experienced in installing these products.
- Insurance: Make sure you have workers’ compensation and liability insurance in place to protect your assets and property from any injury or accident.
- Reputation: Look through reviews and ask for references to see if they have any complaints.
- Price: Compare prices from several companies to ensure you get fair pricing. Be careful to not choose the lowest bidder without taking into account the other factors. The best option might not always be the most affordable.
- Communication: You want a company that is responsive throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation through to the final installation. This will ensure that your project is successful and runs smoothly.